About the Youth Program
Witnessing to the love and grace of Jesus Christ through a variety of educational and relational activities, Westminster's Youth Program ministers to middle school (grades 6 - 8) and senior high (grades 9 - 12) young people, young adults (ages 19-25), and their families and friends. Our vision for Westminster Youth Ministries is to grow as followers of Jesus who rest in God's love, love one another in community, and love the world through the power of the Holy Spirit.
All youth and their families are invited to join our community as we seek to grow as followers of Jesus who are all about loving God, each other, and the world around us. We care about personal relationships with Jesus and justice concerns. We believe spirituality and compassionate action go hand in hand. We love youth and we support families of youth as they journey together.
Youth are involved in the ministry of Westminster through:
- Sunday morning worship and service as worship leaders
- Sunday evening middle school fellowship (called "Thrive"), 5 p.m.-6:30 p.m., Sept.-June
- Sunday evening senior high fellowship (called "Journey"), 6:30 p.m.-8 p.m., Sept.-June
- Peet's for Peeps (once monthly), a time for youth to go to Peet's Coffee, enjoy drinks before worship, and sit together in the balcony during the service
- Local service projects
- Annual summer mission trip (senior high)
- Presbytery and denominational youth gatherings and camps
- Confirmation classes offered each spring for high school youth
- Retreats, ski trips, lock-ins, concerts, and other special events
All weekly and monthly meetings for young people in the youth and young adult program are open to newcomers at any time during the year. For more information, contact the the church office.