DIRECTOR OF MUSIC FOR CHILDREN AND YOUTH
Westminster Presbyterian Church, a welcoming congregation in Northeast Portland, has an opening for a Director of Music for Children and Youth.
• Lead rehearsals once a week during the school year with Angel Choir (1st-6th graders)
• Present music once a month in worship and on Christmas Eve with the Angel Choir
• Work to develop a youth music program in consultation with staff and youth
• Grow the children’s and youth music program in both numbers and quality
• Work with the Director of Music Ministries and other staff
• Experience working with children in a musical setting
• Knowledge of vocal pedagogy and ability to instruct children in the growth and healthy use of their voices in a choral setting
• Ability to choose and teach appropriate music for a traditional Presbyterian worship service
• Timely and comprehensive communication skills with a variety of constituents: parents, office, pastoral, and music staff and volunteers
• Passage of a criminal background check
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 letters of recommendation with contact information to: Alaina Smith: email@example.com by Monday, May 22.